PSSF Family Preservation
Substance Abuse Treatment and Recovery Support (FPS/STR)Substance Abuse Treatment and Recovery Support services are provided to parents when substance abuse treatment, random substance abuse drug screenings and/or sustained abstinence are required to prevent maltreatment, removal of the child from the home, or as a condition for reunification. Services include intensive, hands-on parenting component to ensure child safety, prevent abandonment and prevent or reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect. Relapse prevention support to include in-home follow-up and 24-hour relapse/crisis management support provided by an accredited Addictions Counselor.
Substance Abuse Treatment and Recovery Support Service Requirements
- Initial Assessment & Service Plan
- Case Management
- Substance Abuse Treatment, Relapse and/or Recovery Support
- Parent Education or Parent Training
- Drug testing
- Educational Supports
- Support Groups
- Family Life Skills such as budgeting, housekeeping, etc.
- Employment Training, Job Skills or Vocational Training